The SMART project is aimed at DMU research staff and PhD students wishing to share their research publicly or find participants for new studies, within the context of the DMU Square Mile initiative.
SMART is not an official research group but a team of people keen to demonstrate the benefit of research to the public.
About DMU Square Mile
While DMU Square Mile primarily works with communities in three wards across the west of Leicester to share DMU expertise, it also works with groups further afield to create new partnerships, provide beneficial information and share knowledge with groups and charities across Leicestershire and beyond. DMU Square Mile now has more than 40 different projects across DMU’s four faculties, engaging with around 5,500 local people a year. More than 60 staff and 1,500 students participate in its activities. The SMART project officially launches on Monday 12th January to coincide with a team of graduate champions joining Square Mile to work on the research webpages on the new DMU SMART research website. Anyone wishing to join SMART and have their work promoted through Square Mile is requested to register their interest with DMU Square Mile Manager, Mark Charlton on: email@example.com.
The SMART project aims to:
- Raise the profile of research at DMU
- Deliver impact that benefits the community
- Demonstrate DMU’s commitment to Public Good through research and innovation
- Promote community engagement in research
- Encouraging students to use DMU Square Mile for research opportunities
Join the project and benefit from:
- Access to targeted members/groups of the local community public
- The opportunity to create and deliver public events and presentations
- Promotion of your research on the new Square Mile SMART Blog, as well as other local and national media
- Joining in a potential week-long research festival to tie-in with Universities Week in 2014/15
- Data being created through existing Square Mile activity
- Participation in the Square Mile Annual Public Good Conference in 2014/15
- Access to regular social events
By joining the SMART project, you would be helping to demonstrate De Montfort University’s commitment to Public Good, something the award-winning DMU Square Mile has been at the forefront of since it began in 2011. SMART is not an official research group but a team of people keen to demonstrate the benefit of research to the public, finding innovative ways of disseminating work and inspiring the next generation of researchers and scientists. firstname.lastname@example.org